Wednesday, February 11, 2009

song of the day


Today Tammy and I are going back in time to find an old song. Here is my pick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3-VF7xd_KE

I distinctly remember this song playing on the radio as I rode the bus home after skiing all day with the Junior Ski program, probably when I was in 4th or 5th grade. (It came out in 1978.)I didn't have any friends in the program with me, so I always sat alone on the bus. It didn't bother me; I liked looking at the scenery. Picture gorgeous views of the Sierras at dusk, with tall pines and deep white snow against a darkening blue sky. I remember thinking God could be singing this song to me. Every time I hear it, I still think of cold mountain air, pine trees, and a deep feeling of well-being.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Great pick. Love that song :). And the story about the ski bus - I felt lonely like that in late elementary school & jr. high. Maybe it's common to feel that way at that age?