Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 20: Cliff Spa


Today is Day 20 - we are halfway through our 40 days. Tammy and I went to the Snowbird ski resort's Cliff Spa. Tammy has more pictures here.

It was a beautiful day of sun and snow. I was just a little bit wistful watching the skiers and snowboarders gliding down the mountain. I was never a great skier, but since the kids came along we have hardly gone at all - maybe once? I hope in the future we can take the kids and go as a family. I don't enjoy very many sports, but skiing is definitely one of my favorites. I miss it.

Still, I can't complain. An afternoon spent pampering myself in the spa was most welcome. $10 included: a gym with amazing alpine views, pool and hot tub, robes and sandals (returned at the end), green tea and lemongrass shampoo/conditioner/body lotion, hot tea and a quiet solarium with more amazing alpine views. Ahhhh....

But we weren't done. Before going home, Tammy shared her fabulous and decadent chocolate mousse cake. Wow! You know, I could get used to Sundays like this!

No comments: