Monday, February 18, 2008

Gold medal, and I love my DVR


Well, it took me about a year and 3 weeks - but my goal was to do it before my 39th birthday on March 8 and I made it! Woo-hoo!

For those of you who don't know, I've been working toward a Presidential fitness award. You log your workout points online and they accumulate toward a bronze (20,000 points), silver (40,000) or gold medal (80,000). I liked having the extra motivation to work out. Now that I'm done, though, I might need something else to motivate me to stick with it, especially through the rest of the winter.

Anyway - yahoo!

Unrelated subject: I really LOVE having a DVR. Buzz says it revolutionizes your TV watching and he is right. I am having fun watching shows I have heard about but never seen, like What Not to Wear. I recognize myself way too much in that one. A friend told me a couple years ago she wanted to nominate me for it, but I doubt I would ever do it. The whole new wardrobe would be nice though.

9 comments:

Jon said...

See here

Tammy said...

Congrats on your GOLD medal!!! That is awesome!!!

I don't think you should be on "What Not to Wear". You always look good to me. Of course, maybe I need to be on it, and therefore I am not the right person to be commenting :)! I think fashion is somewhat silly anyway. It's fun, but who wants to spend that much $$$ on clothes? You are too smart and practical to waste time on it :).

Tammy said...

oh, one more thing... you can work towards your platinum award - 400,000 points needed. I think I'm about 28% of the way there. It's going to take me a couple more years to make it, but what an accomplishment that will be!

Mommavia said...

Woo hoo! Way to go!

Hunca Munca said...

I thought the Platinum award was 500,000. I'm not sure I want to keep logging my points for that long. At my rate of almost 80K a year it would take - 5 years? But I do plan on continuing exercising - so what the heck. It will be quite a feat if we both do it!

Fox said...

Sorry. Look please here

Mogul said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Kazahn said...

See HERE

Zulkijora said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.