Saturday, October 27, 2007

Argh and Boo







Well, it's one step forward, one step back with the final bit of adoption paperwork. The application for Sam's certificate of citizenship was returned because I sent a personal check and they only take cashier's checks or money orders. I should have known better, having done this all before..."Doh!" Luckily this mistake "only" cost me the money it took to send the application by registered mail ($13 to cover several hundred dollars worth of original documents). What's another $13 at this point? Nothing really. It's just frustrating to make a dumb mistake on the last step!

The amazing thing was, they actually had the rejected application and all my forms back to me within 2 days of their receiving it. Not bad at all for a government office. :-)

On another note, we spent our Saturday morning with the largest mob of costumed people I have ever seen at the zoo's annual Halloween event, Boo at the Zoo. The animals must have wondered what was going on, but they took it in stride. It was great! Alex discovered blue taffy, Sam had his first big Tootsie Pop, and we all had a grand time.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

We tried to go to Boo at the Zoo, but it was so crowded we would have literally had to park a mile away, so we left and went to the Tracy Aviary instead. They had a bunch of fun activities there for the kids, and it was NOT crowded at all. Calvin only asked once where the elephants were :).

Cynthia said...

Isn't it nice to be so close to being done with paperwork? I am looking forward to that day I will pay my last cent (it very may literally be!) to USCIS! Until then, I will be drowning in paperwork.